Are you living your dream?
In my last blog, I talked about the cliché “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” and how learning lessons during the difficult times leads you to success in your life. Another way to put this is difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations.
This week I’d like to know, are you living in your beautiful destination?
When we were children, we’d dream about what we want to be when we grow up. I remember wanting to be a nurse. Then I grew up and nothing could be further from what would make me happy. It takes a very special person to be a nurse, and I am not that person, although, I am very special.
Difficult times usually show us two things. The first is that life is too short. The second is that we should be completely happy in everything that we do and living our dreams. Sure, we will have tough times. Life is full of them. In order to keep tough times to a minimum, we must figure out what makes us happy, get rid of the negative influences in our lives, and truly live our dream.
What are some keys to living your dream?
- Identify and own your dream
- Paint a picture of what your life would look like when you achieve your dream
- Make it your passion and have a relentless pursuit in being successful
- Don’t let anyone stop you and don’t let your inner “demons” stop you
- Don’t allow yourself to think it is too late to live your dream
- Don’t put any barriers, even financial ones, between yourself and achieving your dream
We are on this planet for such a short amount of time. Why would anyone want to be on it and not completely happy, fulfilled, and living their dream?